Renewables and low carbon
Low energy demand will be built into the very fabric of Bayswater, right from construction. That means building responsibly and sustainably, and creating greener low-carbon homes made to last.
At Bayswater, we will be using key technologies and design features to create greener, low-carbon homes. The below is an indicative example of what this might look like – although we’ll continue to refine our approach in line with emerging technologies and the most appropriate low-carbon options available to us at the time.
click image to enlarge. Pinch to zoom
When we are able to start bringing our plans for Bayswater to life, we will be:
- Ensuring no fossil fuels will serve the homes once built
- Using on-site renewables and reducing fossil fuel usage during construction
- Since the last consultation we have carried out some testing on a sample house type which confirms we can exceed SODC’s 50 per cent carbon reduction target for 2026 from day 1
- We have agreed with SODC that more detail on how we achieve the carbon reduction targets will be included with each phase’s detailed planning permission so that we can keep up to speed with moving and emerging technologies
- Looking at off-site construction methods and opportunities where appropriate
- Using local sources for materials that are manufactured and sourced sustainably
- Staying abreast of emerging construction methods and policies that guide sustainable and low-carbon building
- Providing apprenticeships across a variety of trades during construction to help local people learn new skills and equip them for a new career
Our proposals for Bayswater:
Update - 31 July 2022
Our second stage of public consultation (29 June - 31 July 2022) is now closed.Read update
Key documents and downloads
View our latest proposals and leave your feedback:
- Latest masterplan
- Second consultation panels
- Our vision for Bayswater
- Recording of online consultation event 14 July 2022
Visit the Downloads page to view other documents.